1 1 – 2 pound chuck roast or top sirloin roast
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of garlic paste
1 cup of adobo paste
1 cup of beef stock
1 cup of light beer
1 cinnamon stick
Spice blend of: 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano, ½ tsp paprika, and a pinch of ground clove.
½ tsp of coriander seed
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Sear sides of meat for 2 minutes on each side in a cast iron skillet on high.
- In a separate cast iron dutch oven, start cooking olive oil, garlic paste and adobo paste for about 2-3 minutes
- After that add: beef stock, beer, cinnamon stick, spice blend, coriander and apple cider vinegar.
- Let sauce simmer stove top for about 5 minutes
- Add seared meat and cover with lid
- Cook in oven for 5 hours at 275 degrees.
- Barbacoa can be shredded/pulled after that, plate and serve!