1 cup plain greek yogurt
1 1/2 cup self rising flour
Meat Mixture Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
dash of cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
1/2 large white onion diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix yogurt and self rising flour together in a large mixing bowl and kneed together.
- Kneed dough until you have a workable dough and place to the side.
- Cook ground beef stove top and allow it to begin to brown.
- Add in spices and onion and cook until beef is cooked.
- Roll out dough to a thin sheet and cut out circular pieces.
- After beef mixture has cooled, place a heaping tbsp of your beef mixture.
- Lightly brush egg along the end of one side of the circle and fold other side over, forming a pocket.
- Press down the ends of the empanadas with a fork.
- Bake in your oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.