1 box of lasagna shells
1 container of ricotta cheese
1 cup shaved Parmesan
Garlic powder, oregano, basil and black pepper to taste
6-8 cups of tomato sauce
- Bring large pot of water to a boil and cook lasagna shells for 7-8 minutes than lay out the shells on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Add ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg and spice mixture to bowl and blend well.
- Roughly chop up ball of fresh mozzarella and add 2/3 of your pieces to the mixture, saving 1/3 of cheese for the top of your lasagna.
- Chop fresh parsley until you have about 1/4 to 1/2 of a cup and add to mixture.
- Blend filling ingredients together.
- Begin layering your lasagna by adding a layer of sauce to the bottom of a deep pyrex or pan.
- Lay out the first layer of noodles then spread 1/3 of your cheese mixture across the noodles.
- Top with sauce and repeat the process until you have reached the top layer.
- Top your final layer of noodles with remaining sauce and chopped fresh mozzarella cheese. Add additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Cover with tin foil, tenting it, so that it does not stick to cheese. You may use toothpicks if necessary.
- Cook in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes covered and 20 minutes uncovered careful not to burn cheese.
- Lasagna is done when sauce is bubbling on the sides.
- Allow lasagna to cool for a few minutes prior to serving.