Watch the full recipe on YouTube! 🙂 Subscribe it’s FREE! 🙂
An Italian Christmas Cookie Classic! A delightful candy cane, chocolate dipped Biscotti recipe that is simple enough to make with kids, yet so tasty it will easily appeal to any holiday crowd! Wow your office with this homemade treat, or assemble in a holiday tin as a gift. With a few simple baking steps, that any level cook can master, enjoy this delicious homemade biscotti recipe! Don’t want all the extra holiday fluff? Enjoy this biscotti recipe plain with a cup of tea or coffee.
We are always honoring requests, submit by commenting or tweet!
1/2 cup butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Chocolate to melt
Crushed Candy Cane
- Beat butter and sugar together
- Beat in eggs slowly or one at a time then beat in vanilla
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt
- Add mixture to butter mixture and beat until well blended
- Drop slowly onto an oiled pan forming a log shape
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes
- Cool for 5 minutes and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Return to pan and bake an additional 20-25 minutes
- Place on rack to cool
- Melt chocolate in a double oven (pot over boiling water)
- Dip biscotti into chocolate then roll in crushed candy cane
- Let cool for chocolate to set
- Serve and enjoy!