Watch the full recipe now! Subscribe for more recipes every Tuesday and Thursday!
A delicious homemade French Onion Soup recipe that can be made either stove top or in a crock pot! This soup recipe is easy to make and perfect for a fall or winter day, it’s pretty healthy for you to! With a few simple steps in the recipe you can have a delicious homemade french onion soup any day of the week. Perfect for lunch and week night dinners. There’s a few special ingredients that make this soup really POP!
Comment or tweet @CaitStraightUp with any questions! Or send over recipe requests!
1 tbsp butter
4 onions (sweet, white)
2 quarts beef broth
1 cup Sherry
2 cloves crushed garlic
Sprig of thyme
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. Better Than Bouillon
1 tbsp. of Maple Syrup
Bread & Cheese
1 French baguette
Salt and Pepper
Gruyere, Parmesan, Provolone to melt on top taste
- Chop all ingredients
- Heat butter in a pan and add onions and let cook until soft
- Add the remaining soup ingredients and let simmer on medium to low heat for one hour minimum
- Slice baguette into thick slices
- Spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with spices and toast in oven or toaster oven
- When ready to serve add bread and cheese to taste
- Cook in a 400 degree oven until cheese melts